National Health and Morbidity Survey 2015
The National Health and Morbidity Survey (NHMS) has been an important platform for monitoring the health of the population in Malaysia. The objectives of the NHMS are to provide the community-based data on the pattern of common health problems, health service utilisation and health expenditure in the community. Findings of the NMHS support the Ministry of Health to review the priorities and activities of the health programme, to plan for future allocation of resources and to evaluate the impact of strategies.
The NHMS (NHMS I) was first initiated in 1986 and the interval was conducted once every 10 years. In 1996, the NHMS II was then conducted, followed by the NHMS III in 2006. However, since 2011, the interval was shortened from 10 to 4 years to ensure that more recent data and information can be used for the planning of health programmes. The NHMS 2015 was conducted in March till May 2015.
The NHMS 2015 covered most of the modules in NHMS 2011 especially on health care demands, non-communicable diseases (NCD),risk factors of the non-communicable diseases, and a few additional modules such as tuberculosis, dengue and traditional and complementary medicine.
About 10,000 randomly selected living quarters (LQ) were visited from all over the country and 30,000 populations responded to the survey with the overall response rate of 86.4%.
- See NHMS 2015 FAQ here.
- The NHMS 2015 activities can be followed in Facebook pages as 'National Health & Morbidity Survey 2015'.
- NHMS Report 2015 Volume I - METHODOLOGY & GENERAL FINDINGS (View / Download)
- NHMS Report 2015 Volume II - NON-COMMUNICABLE DISEASES & OTHER HEALTH PROBLEMS (View / Download)
- NHMS Report 2015 Volume III - HEALTHCARE DEMAND (View / Download)
- NHMS Report 2015 Volume IV - TRADITIONAL & COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE (View / Download)
- NHMS Report 2015 Volume V - REPORT ON SMOKING STATUS AMONG MALAYSIAN ADULT (View / Download)
- Press Statement of Minister of Health, June 2016 (View / Download)
- Kenyataan Akhbar bersama YB Menteri Kesihatan Malaysia, Jun 2016 (View / Download)
- Compiled Poster (View / Download)
- Fact Sheet (View/Download)