List of publications:
1. Riyanti S, Hatta M, Norhafizah S, Balkish MN, Siti Zuraidah M, Hamizatul Akmal AH,Normawati A. 2014. OrganDonation by Socio-Demographic Characteristics in Malaysia. Asian Social Science. [Doi: 10.5539/ass.v10n4p264]
2. Jasvindar K, Gurpreet K, Ho BK, Yao WK, Salleh M, Lim KH. 2014. Predictors of Physical Inactivity among Elderly Malaysians: Recommendations for Policy Planning. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health; 1-9.
3. Rashidah A., Hamizatul Akmal AH.,Nurul Huda I., Viola M., Suhaila AR., Hasliza, H.,Hasimah, I. Hospitals’ outsourced food services: a survey of patients’ satisfaction. Journal of Health Management (January 2014 issue)
4. Teh CH, Lim KK, Chan YY, Lim KH, Azahadi O, Hamizatul Akmal AH, Ummi Nadiah Y, Yeo PS, Syafinaz MS, Kee CC, Fadhli Y. 2014. The prevalence of physical activity and its associated factors amongst Malaysian adults: National Health and Morbidity 2011.Public Health 2014, 128(5): 416-423.[doi:10.1016/j.puhe.2013.10.008]
5. NoorAni Ahmad, Fadhli MuhdYusoff, Selva Ratnasingam, Fauziah Mohamed, Nazrila Hairizan Nasir, Syafinaz MohdSallehuddin, Balkish MahadirNaidu, Rohana Ismail and Tahir Aris.Trends and factors associated with mental health problems among children and adolescents in Malaysia :International Journal of Culture and Mental Health, 2014 :http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17542863.2014.907326
6. Norhafizah Sahril , Tahir Aris, Ahmad Sharifuddin Mohd Asari , Siew Lian Yaw, Natifah Che Saleh, Mohd Azahadi Omar, Chien HueyTeh, Khairiyah Abdul Muttalib, Mohd Feisul Idzwan, Low Lee Lan, Nooral Zeila Junid, Fatanah Ismail, Noor Aliyah Ismail and Norain Abu Talib. Oral health seeking behaviour among Malaysians with type II diabetes.Journal of Public Health Aspects. doi: 10.7243/2055-7205-1-1
7. Yeo Pei Sien, Noor Aini Mohd Yusoff, Suzana Shahar, Roslee Rajikan. Bone Health Status among Thalassemia Children (International Journal of Public Health Research 4 (1): 399-404)
8. Chan YY, Lim KK, Teh CH, Lim KH, Hamizatul Akmal AH, Mohd Azahadi O, Noor Ani A, Kee CC. Prevalence and factors associated with physical inactivity among Malaysian adults. The Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health 2014, 45(2), 467-480.
9. M. Nor Asiah, M. Yusoff Adon, M. Normi, K. Muhammad Amir, A. Tahir, M. Siti Haniza, M. Amal Nasir, B. Faizal1, M. Y. Aliza and M. Shahnaz. Cyanide Level in the Environment and Occupational Settings: A Systematic Review. Cyanide Level in the Environment and Occupational Settings: A Systematic Review DOI : 10.9734/BJAST/2014/8962
10. Lim KK, Chan YY, Ahmad Ali Z, Teh CH, Hasimah I, Lim KH, Kee CC. Iodine Deficiency Disorder and Goitre among School Children in Sarawak – A Nationwide Study. International Journal of Public Health Research 2014, 4(1): 419-424.
11. Norshazliza Ab Ghani, Joanita Sulaiman, Zahidah Ismail, Xin-Yue Chan, Wai-Fong Yin & Kok-Gan Chan. Rhodotorula mucilaginosa, a Quorum Quenching Yeast Exhibiting Lactonase Activity Isolated from a Tropical Shoreline. Sensors 2014, 14(4), 6463-6473. doi: 10,3390/s140406463,
12. Lim Kuang Hock, Sumarni Mohamad Ghazali, Kee Chee Cheong, Lim Kuang Kuay, Lim Hui Li, Teh Chien Huey, Chan Ying Ying, Yeo Lay Lay, Fiona Goh Swee Ching, Khoo Yi Yi, Chong Zhou Lin, Normala Ibrahim, Amal Nasir Mustafa.Prevalence and Factors Associted with Smoking Intentions among Non-smoking and Smoking Adolescent in Kota Tinggi, Johor, Malaysia. Asia Pacific Journal of Cancer Preventation,Vol15,2014.
13. Lim Kuang Hock,JasvindarK,I Normala,BK Ho,WK Yau,S Mohmad,WY Lai,MS Sherina. Risk factors of home injury among elderly people in Malaysia .Asian Journal of Gerontology & Geriatrics Vol 9 No 1 June 2014.
14. Roslan JMG, Noor Hazilah AM, Nor Filzatun B,Azahadi MO. Turnover Intention among Public Sector HealthWorkforce: Is Job Satisfaction the Issue?Volume 13 Number 1, June 2014, The International Medical Journal Malaysia.
15. Mohd Hatta B. Abdul Mutalip, Rozanim Bt. Kamarudin, Mala Manickam, Hamizatul Akmal Bt. Abd Hamid, Riyanti Bt. Saari. Alcohol Consumption and Risky Drinking Patterns in Malaysia: Findings from NHMS 2011. Alcohol &Alcoholism 2014, Vol.49: 5, pp. 593-599.
16. Hasimah I, Tahir A, Rashidah A, Lim KK. Association of Diet Practice and Glycaemic Control among Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients Attending Primary Care Clinic in Kuala Lumpur . Vol 4 No 2 2014,pp. International Journal of Public Health
17. Noor Ani A, S Maria A, Hasimah I, Rahama S. Sexual activity among Malaysian school going aged adolescents: What are the risk and protective factors? Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health. DOI: 10.1177/1010539514544700
18. K Jasvindar,SM Cheong, Balkish MN, K Gurpreet, Mala M, Noor Ani A, GH Tee, Siti Fatimah MH, Muhammad Fadhli MY, Norashikin I, Azriman R, Malisa MN. Prevalence and correlates of depression among adolescents. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health. DOI: 10.1177/1010539514544356.
19. Azli B, Ahmad Ali Z, Balkish MN, Chan YY, Cheong SM, Mala M, Hasnan A, Rashidah A. Suhaila AG. Factors Associated with Physical Inactivity among Malaysian School Children: Malaysian School-Based Nutrition Survey (MSNS) 2012. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health. DOI: 10.1177/1010539514543682
20. Yeo PS, Norhafizah S, Hatta M, Nor Azian MZ, Suhaila AG. Determinants of dietary supplements use among adolescents in Malaysia. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health. DOI: 10.1177/1010539514543681
21. Ahmad Ali Zainuddin, Mala Manickam, Azli Baharudin, Azahadi Omar, Cheong Siew Man, Rashidah Ambak, Mohamad Hasnan Ahmad, and Suhaila Abdul Ghaffar. Self-Perception of Body Weight Status and Weight Control Practices Among Adolescents in Malaysia. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health 2014. DOI: 10.1177/1010539514542422.
22. Lim Kuang Hock,Chong Zhuo Lin, Khoo Yi Yi, Helen Tee GuatHiong, JasvindarKaur. “Parental Smoking Status, Stress, Anxiety And Depression” Were Associated With “Susceptibility To Smoking” Among Non-Smoker School Adolescents In Malaysia. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health 2014. DOI: 10.1177/1010539514542426
23. Fadhli MY, Norhafizah S, Mohamad Naim MR, Nor Azian MZ , Nor Azlina, Noor Ani A. Illicit Drugs use among School-going adolescents in Malaysia. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health 2014. DOI: 10.1177/1010539514542425
24. Fadhli Yusoff, Riyanti Saari, Balkish Mahadir Naidu, NoorAni Ahmad, Azahadi Omar, Tahir Aris. Methodology of the National School-based Health Survey in Malaysia 2012. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health 2014. DOI: 10.1177/1010539514542424
25. Siti Fatimah MH, Nur Shahida AA, Mohd Hazrin H & Norhafizah S. Prevalence And Factors Associated With Physical Fight Among Malaysian Adolescents. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health 2014. DOI: 10.1177/1010539514542423.
26. Mala M, Hatta M, Hamizatul Akmal AH, Rozanim K, Yussof S. Prevalence, Comorbidities And Cofactors Associated With Alcohol Consumption Among School-Going Adolescents In Malaysia. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health 2014. DOI: 10.1177/1010539514542194.
27. Noor Ani A, Cheong SM, Nurashikin I & Azriman R. Suicidal Ideation Among Malaysian Adolescents. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health 2014. DOI: 10.1177/1010539514540746.
28. Guat Hiong Tee, Gurpreet Kaur. Correlates of current smoking among Malaysian adolescent school children. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health 2014. DOI: 10.1177/1010539514540468.
29. Chan YY, Teh CH, Yeo PS, Lim KK, Lim KH, Kee CC, Azli B, Tee GH, Gurpreet K, Mohd Azahadi O. Comparison of fruits and vegetables intake and physical activity between hypercholesterolemic adults and non-hypercholesterolemic adults in Malaysia. Malaysian Journal of Nutrition 2014, 20(2): 221-235.
30. T. Maniam, Midin Marhani, M. Firdaus, A.B. Kadir, M.J. Mazni, A. Azizul, A.A. Salina, A.R. Fadzillah, I. Nurashikin, K.T. Ang, K. Jasvindar, A. Noor Ani. Risk Factors for Suicidal Ideation, Plans and Attempts in Malaysia – Results of an Epidemiological Survey. Comprehensive Psychiatry. Volume 55, Supplement 1, January 2014, Pages S121–S125.
31. Mohamad Naim MR, Mazrura S, Hidayatulfathi O, Shaharudin I, Rozita H, Norzawati Y, Hazrin H, Tahir A,Mohd Ali Z, Wen TH, King CC, Spatial-temporal analysis for identification of vulnerability to dengue in Malaysia International J of Geoinformatics Vol 10 No 1 March 2014 (page 31-38)
32. Rashidah Ambak, Balkish Mahadir Naidu, Mohd Azahadi Omar, Nor Azian Mohd Zaki, Syafinaz Mohd Sallehuddin & Tahir Aris. Food Label Reading and Understanding among Obese Adults: A Population Study in Malaysia. International Journal of Public Health Research 2014:4(2);449-456.
33. Rashidah A, Yeo Pei Sien, Syafinaz MS, Noor Ani A, Muhammad Fadhli MY, Tahir A, Feisul Idzwan M, Ahmad Ali Z, Suhaila AG, Azli B, Viola Michael, Ruhaya Salleh. Assessment of urinary sodium and its dietary sources: a study among Ministry of Health staff.
34. Hazrin H, Tahir A& Fadhli Y. Implementation of Web based GIS Application for Mapping of Health Facilities, Services and Providers in Malaysia. Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology: E Network, Web & Security, 2014; Volume 14 Issue 5 Version 1.0: 47-50.
35. N Fauziah, F de Vocht, R Booton, PV Barber, K McCalman, AC Povey. Cumulative Occupational Exposure Assessment for Mineral Dust Using Finnish Job-Exposure Matrix (FINJEM). Journal of Occupational Safety and Health. 2014; 11(2)
36. Nor Azian MZ, Suzana S, & Romzi MA. Sensitivity, Specificity, Predictive Value and Inter-Rater Reliability of Malnutrition Screening Tools in Hospitalised Adult Patients. Mal J Nutr 20(2): 209 - 219, 2014.
37. Zaleha, K., Akbar John, HidayahAsgnari, Al-Aama, and Fuad, M.A.M. (2014). Fatty Acid Profiling of Benthic Harpacticoid (Pararobertsonia Sp.) Exposed To Environmental Stresses. Malaysian Applied Biology.43(1): 31-39 [Scopus]
38. Norhafizah S, Yeo PS, Hatta M, Balkish MN .Home injuries among young children in Malaysia: A population based study (Published in Journal Clinics in Mother and Child Health on 10 October 2014)
39. Mohamad Hasnan Ahmad, Suzana Shahar, Nur Islami Mohd Fahmi Teng, Zahara Abdul Manaf, Noor Ibrahim Mohd Sakian, Baharudin Omar. Applying Theory of Planned Behavior to Predict Exercise Maintenance in Sarcopenic Elderly.Clinical Interventions in Aging. Volume 2014:9 Pages 1551—1561. DOIhttp://dx.doi.org/10.2147/CIA.S60462
40. Mohamad Hasnan, S Shahar, MY Zaitun, Z. Ahmad AliValidation Of Body Composition Measured By Skinfold Thickness Technique And Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis Versus Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry Among Elderly With Sarcopenia. Asia Journal of Gerontology & Geriatrics Vol 9 No 2 December 2014.
41. Hazrin Hasim, Tahir Aris, Fadhli Yusof. Health Facilities Affected by Flood Simulation to a District in Malaysia. Journal of Analytical Sciences, Methods and Instrumentation, 2014, 4, 119-124 Published Online December 2014 in SciRes. http://www.scirp.org/journal/jasmi. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/jasmi.2014.44016.
1. N Fauziah, SJ Lewis, PNS O’Donnell, PAJ Crosbie, R Booton, RM Agius, PV Barber, AC Povey. Manual Work and Lung Cancer Risk in High-Risk Populations. Journal of Occupational Safety and Health. 2014; 11(1): 5 - 14
2. Tee Guat Hiong, Tahir Aris. How Can Health Warnings on Cigarette Packs Be Better? Malaysian Medical Gazette, World No Tobacco Day 2014 Special Issue, online publication on 27 May 2014
3. Rashidah Ambak, Viola Michael, Suhaila Abdul Rashid, Hasliza Hassan, Hamizatul Akmal Abdul Hamid, Hasimah Ismail& Nurul Huda Ibrahim. Hospitals’ outsourced food services: a survey of patient satisfaction. Journal of Health Management. 2014:12(1) 24-34.